Duke Johnson is a graduate of NYC and the American Film Institute. Anomalisa, which Duke directed alongside Charlie Kaufman, is his first feature film and was nominated for an Academy Award in the Animated Feature Film category. Duke's previous credits include the Adult Swim shows Moral Orel, Mary Shelley's Frankenhole and Beforel Orel. He directed the Emmy Award winning episode of NBC's Community: Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- How he met collaborative partner Dino Stamatopoulos
- Collaborating with Charlie Kaufman
- A film being a metaphor
- Approaching film from a visual standpoint
- Necessity being the mother of creativity
- The gap between your taste level and your ability