Blake Paul Neubert is a Colorado artist that focuses on figurative painting. He references themes from his experiences working in the criminal justice field with substance abuse and mental illness. He is the Co-Founder of Death of a Coworker.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Growing up in Wyoming
- How painting gave him a tool to fit in with the other kids
- Pushing through failures
- How working in the criminal justice / judicial field influences the way he views the world
- His new body of work coming from a deeply personal and dark place
- Leaving behind a legacy
- Not getting distracted by our own ego and self-image
- The emotional rollercoaster of trying to have a career in the arts
- The harsh realities of being an artist
- Uninformed perspectives on how much quality paintings are worth
- How we're living in a world run by technology, which has its pros and cons. We have accessibility to everything, however because of this it has a ripple effect that devalues things that once held a stronger value.
- How Death of a Coworker came to be