Anthony Lister was born in Brisbane, Australia in 1979. He graduated from the Queensland College of Art in Brisbane in 2001 and traveled to New York soon after where he mentored under the auspices Max Gimblett, one of New Zealand's most influential living artists. Lister began painting on the streets at the age of 17; a location which has become a key part of his practice as a space where he can take pleasure in his 'hobby' of producing art rather than the 'craft' of studio work. He has since exhibited his work extensively within Australia and internationally both in the gallery and on the streets. He is considered to be one of Australia’s most renowned contemporary artists.
- The process of creating his artwork
- Exploring the idea of "adventure painting"
- A curious exploration of the dualities of life
- Skateboarding abstracting itself into artwork
- Creative and mental breakthroughs
- Tactility of art changing or being lost with the advent of technologies
- His virtual reality app
- Decorating the apocalypse
- Seeing artwork in the flesh
- His love for the work of Egon Schiele